Top legal advice
Brian Altman KC provides top legal advice to individuals, corporate companies and public sector organisations.
Brian advises both private and corporate clients across a wide range of commercial activities and ensuing legal issues. His proven record as one of the UK’s top barristers, equally skilled in prosecution and defence, give him a unique perspective to help individuals and companies when large-scale crime is uncovered or suspected in a corporate or professional context. His commercial and strategic approach to problem solving is highly valued, alongside his logical, strategic and analytical skills.
Brian is ranked as a Leading Silk in The Legal 500: Business and Regulatory Crime listings, as well as in Chambers Directory Financial crime: corporate listings. He is also named in the Criminal fraud listings in Who’s Who Legal UK Bar.
Corporate and Individual Advice
Brian has advised an impressive portfolio of private and corporate clients including:
- Advising a European-based corporate client on a private prosecution regarding a sophisticated pan-European fraud.
- Advising on a potential private prosecution involving allegations of conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, among other possible substantive offences, arising out of High Court commercial litigation involving parallel imports of luxury items.
- A Singapore firm of solicitors on behalf of a client accused of drug trafficking in Singapore
- A nationwide firm of solicitors on issues arising under the Official Secrets Act
- A US based global aerospace corporation on issues of Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 compliance during a $100million acquisition of a UK based company
- City of London insolvency practitioners on allegations of fraud underlying the tracing of £100 million of hidden assets of a PLC
- A Swedish multinational company on allegations of a £200m fraud arising during the acquisition by a British PLC of a €1.7bn part of the company’s pan-European business
- Internationally known property magnates on the various issues following the judicial review of the SFO’s unlawfully obtained search warrants of their businesses
- A well-known British construction and civil engineering PLC on aspects of compliance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- A global information services group on the Data Protection Act 1998 processes of a target company during due diligence in the course of the target company’s acquisition
- The Bar Council on the application of the Bribery Act 2010 to Bar referral fees
- A City firm of solicitors on judicial review proceedings arising out of the unlawful execution of a search warrant
- London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) on tackling internet-based ticket-touting offences prior to the London 2012 Olympics
- A famous, wealthy individual on issues arising from the phone hacking enquiry.
Call Brian Altman KC on 020 7440 8888 or email: [email protected]
Brian Altman KC is a barrister regulated by the Bar Standards Board